Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hello

Thanks for allowing me to join. Looks like a fun blog - talking about knitted toys. Something very warm, old fashion and quaint about them, which I just love.
I have a 5mth old boy and I have started to knit toys for him.
Firstly, Debbie Bliss' sheep:


Project Specifications:

Pattern:
Sheep from Debbie Bliss' Farmyard Knits
Yarn: Jo Sharp Silkroad DK for the body and Jo Sharp DK for face, feet and horns
Needles: 3.25mm
Notes: Getting the stuffing 'right' was quite challenging - that is, firm enough to keep the legs upright, without distorting the body

The second project is a rabbit, using a vintage pattern that I found on display in a quirky shop in my area. It sells a mix of vintage clothes, old china, yarn, fabric and other crafty stuff. They wouldn't sell the pattern, but they copied it for me.

And here is how it turned out - it was finished on Easter Sunday.




Project Specifications:

Pattern: Vintage Pattern 'The Rabbit Family' - Father Rabbit knitted
Yarn: Freedom 100% wool by Twilleys of Stamford (50g, 50m balls)
Needles: 8mm (yarn label specifies 10mm)
Notes: Father Rabbit took 7 balls (6 and a third really) knitted at a tension of 12st in 10cm

5 comments:

Chris said...

Both toys are great, but I especially love that sheep!

Jenn said...

I agree - very cute, but I have a soft spot for that sheep!

Jofrog said...

What fun! I love them both, but the bunny is my favorite! I hope your son gums them to sogginess!

Jennifer said...

Very cute! I love the vintage bunny pattern. Adorable sheep as well.

f. pea said...

They are both wonderful!