Monday, August 20, 2007

monkey time!

Hello fellow toy knitters! I haven't posted here before, but I've been having a lot of fun with my toy knitting recently and wanted to share my latest FO.



Project Stats:
Pattern: Mr. Dangly, but knit in the round. I used the modified numbers for the head that I found here and I knit the ears differently than written because I didn't have the pattern with me when I started them (but I do like how they turned out).
Yarn: Plymouth Encore DK in bright pink (#1385) and yellow (#215)
Needles: size 3 bamboo dpns
Size: monkey sized! I haven't measured her, but she's a little shorter than Mizu (my 9week old kitten) is long.



As a note, sewing the head on the body is very tricksy, perhaps because I knit it in the round, or perhaps because I have trouble with the sewing up. Either way, the head is flopsy and I need to think of a better way of attaching the two before I make up another one. Any ideas?